- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild chopped green chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounces) can chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast (chopped)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (or more)
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat add oil. Add onions and stir fry until tender. Mix in garlic, green chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Continue to stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in the shredded cheese until melted. Serve warm