Burger with Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
There’s no question, a burger is even better when it is loaded with delicious cheese. This burger is topped off with American cheese, crispy bacon, bbq sauce and mozzarella sticks! This is more of an idea than a recipe but you can make your own mozzarella sticks and bbq sauce if you want. The bacon can be cooked in several ways—on the stovetop, in the oven or in the microwave. You can see my post on How to Cook Crispy bacon for great cooking tips on preparing perfectly crispy bacon. I like to prepare the burgers on a griddle so I can cook several at once. Serve with French fries. Enjoy.
Burger with Mozzarella Sticks
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4-8 frozen mozzarella sticks (1 or 2 per burger)
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 4 sesame seed buns
- butter (for spreading)
- Cook the mozzarella sticks according to package directions (I baked them but you could deep-fry them as well).
- Add bacon to large skillet and cook over medium-heat, turning once, until it has turned brown in color and is crispy. Drain on a plate that is lined with paper towels. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal patties and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the patties into the skillet that the bacon was cooked in. Cook over medium-high heat, turning frequently until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of American cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Split the sesame seed buns in half and spread the butter onto the cut side of each bun. Place cut side down into a clean skillet and toast over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom (this can be done in a separate skillet while the burgers are cooking).
- To assemble the sliders—place each burger onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with 2 bacon slices and 1-2 mozzarella sticks per burger. Spread the BBQ sauce onto the bottom of the top half of each bun. Place it onto the burger, BBQ sauce side down.