Fried Pickles Recipe
These fried pickles are dill pickle spears, ham, and Swiss cheese that is rolled up in an egg roll wrapper and then fried. The combination of flavors from the ingredients come together to create this delicious appetizer. These appetizers are sometimes called Frickles. You can experiment with different types of cheeses for this recipe, or even use cream cheese. These fried pickles are easy to prepare and are a great item to serve for the Super Bowl for any part of event. You can serve them with ranch dressing if you would like. Enjoy.
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1lb sliced deli ham
- 1lb sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 jar dill pickle spears
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup of cold water
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper onto a flat surface. Place a slice of ham in the middle of the wrapper, followed by a slice of Swiss, and a dill pickle spear, so that the filling is not touching the corner. Fold over the left and right corners of the egg roll wrapper to the middle. Using a brush or the bottom of a spoon, brush the cornstarch and water mixture on the edges of the egg roll wrapper. Finish rolling up and secure to make sure there are no leaks. Repeat until all of the pickles spears are used up.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer for 350 degrees F.
- Deep-fry the wrapped pickles in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Adapted from Copykat Recipes.