These Cuban sliders are loaded with ham, Swiss cheese, and pickles. What is great about this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. The process to making this dish is very simple—the sandwiches are prepared and then a mustard sauce is poured over them and they are baked in the oven. The best part about this recipe is the sauce which uses ingredients such as butter, Dijon mustard and minced onion. For the buns, Hawaiian rolls go great with these sandwiches. These Cuban sliders are another great sandwich recipe for the upcoming Super Bowl. I like to serve this recipe with French fries. Enjoy.
- 24 pack of Hawaiian rolls
- 1 package sliced deli ham
- 1 package Swiss cheese (8 slices)
- Dijon spread-
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half, removing the top and placing the bottom of the rolls into the baking sheet. Stack the ham, Swiss and pickles evenly over the rolls in the pan. Place the top of the rolls on top the pickles.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter and Dijon mustard. Stir in the minced onion.
- Using a spoon, pour the Dijon mustard mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until the rolls are a toasted brown. Cut the sliders and remove from the baking dish.