This crab Rangoon dip makes a great recipe to serve for the Super Bowl. The process to preparing this dip is very easy… all of the dip ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then placed into a baking dish, topped with cheese and then baked. The dip gets a lot of its flavor from cream cheese, lemon juice and crab. If you would prefer you can use imitation crab instead of the canned crab meat, which is what I did. This dip is also served with homemade won ton chips. The chips are simply won ton wrappers that are cut into triangles and get baked in the oven for a few minutes. Enjoy.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 (6 oz) can crab meat (drained)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the wonton wrappers diagonally and then cut again so you have 4 triangles from each wrapper.
- Spray with cooking spray and then spread the chips onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place into the oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese, crab meat, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons green onions, garlic, and ground black pepper.
- Spread the mixture into a baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and serve with won ton chips.