Like most casserole recipes, this cowboy casserole is quick and easy to prepare. If you are looking for a simple dish to prepare for a busy weeknight, this recipe is perfect for you. This cowboy casserole combines various ingredients such as ground beef and corn, tater tots and cheese to create a delicious meal. The meat mixture is spread over a layer of tater tots and then a layer of cheese and an additional layer of tater tots are piled on top. This recipe makes 2 serving but can easily be doubled if you want to serve a large crowd. Enjoy.
Ingredients to Cook Cowboy Casserole Recipe
[amazon box=”B000EOXQRG,B00B04AMYY,B074H6VR21″ grid=”3″]Print
- 1/2lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ¾ ounces) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet cook the ground beef over medium-heat while breaking up into chunks with a spatula, until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, ¼ cup of cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
- Place 1 cup of the tater tots onto the bottom of a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer the beef mixture on top of the tater tots.
- Layer the remaining cheese and tater tots on top of the ground beef mixture. Place into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.