If you enjoy chicken and broccoli with alfredo sauce, you will love these stuffed shells! These shells are loaded with shredded chicken, broccoli, shredded cheese, and alfredo sauce. The recipe calls for cooked chicken and this is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken but you could also shred the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken if you would prefer. You can either use additional alfredo sauce to put on the bottom of the dish or spaghetti sauce. You can use your favorite alfredo sauce for this recipe. Stuffed the shells does take a little bit of work but the rest of the recipe is easy to prepare. I like to serve these stuffed shells with garlic bread. Enjoy.
- 1 (16-ounce jar) alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 21 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 ½ cups additional alfredo sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together the shredded cooked chicken, 1 jar of alfredo sauce, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the 1 ½ cups of alfredo sauce onto the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon the chicken mixture into each pasta shell and place into the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Note: You can top the shells with additional alfredo sauce and shredded cheese if desired. If topping with additional cheese, remove the foil during the last 5 minutes of cooking and bake until the cheese has melted.