- center-cut pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Pat 4 center-cut pork chops dry with paper towel; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons canola oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook pork chops in oil about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, add 1 1/2 cups apple cider and 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar; cook to a thick, syrupy glaze and until reduced by about half. Stir in 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour glaze over pork chops for serving.
This dish goes great with some rice and fresh green beans for a quick and simple dinner.