Here is a copycat recipe for the Clubhouse Grille sandwich at Applebee’s restaurant. This sandwich is loaded with ham, turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato. The sandwich gets a lot of its flavor from both mayonnaise and BBQ sauce. To save time you can use precooked bacon. The sandwich uses two different types of sliced cheese—cheddar and Monterey jack but you could use Colby-jack as well. I like to prepare this sandwich on a griddle because I can cook several sandwiches at once, but a skillet will work as well. This recipe will make one sandwich but the ingredients can easily be multiplied to make several sandwiches if needed. Serve with chips or French fries. Enjoy.
Uses For Cooking Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille Recipe
- 2 slices Texas toast
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 slices deli ham
- 3 slices sliced turkey
- 2 slices cooked crispy Applewood smoked bacon
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 2 teaspoons honey barbecue sauce
- shredded lettuce
- Butter one side of each side of bread and place the bread slices butter side down in the skillet or on a griddle over low heat, cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Stack the ham slices, then the turkey slices, and then the cheese slices in the skillet over low heat and cook until the cheese melts.
- On a plate, place one piece of the bread toasted side down. Spread the BBQ sauce on the other side. Transfer the meat and cheese stack from the skillet on top of the BBQ sauce.
- Add bacon slices on top. Top with tomato slices and lettuce.
- Take the other slice of toast and spread the mayonnaise onto the unbuttered side and place onto the top of the sandwich, mayonnaise side down. Slice diagonally and serve.