This is a copycat recipe for the Malibu Chicken at Sizzlers Restaurant. Unfortunately, we not do have a Sizzler’s here but the recipe looked delicious. Malibu chicken is breaded chicken topped with ham and Swiss cheese and served with a honey mustard sauce. I used black forest ham for this recipe but really any type of sliced deli ham will work. The honey mustard sauce is a combination of mustard, mayonnaise and honey. The chicken is coated with egg and a seasoned bread crumb mixture and then baked in the oven. You can brown the chicken in a skillet in hot oil before baking if you would like. Simply, heat about ½ inch of vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides, transfer to a baking sheet, and finish cooking in the oven. I like to serve this recipe with flavored rice. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices of ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Malibu Dipping Sauce-
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine the egg yolk and garlic and pour into a sealable plastic bag. Place the chicken breasts inside of the bag and seal shut, making sure there is no extra air inside.
- Make sure the chicken is well coated with the egg mixture. Place into the refrigerator and marinate for 4 hours.
- Prepare the honey mustard dipping sauce by combining Grey Poupon, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well. Remove the chicken from the bag and coat with the breadcrumb mixture on both sides. Place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 Degrees F.).
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of Swiss over the chicken and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with the Malibu sauce for dipping.