- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 (15 ounces) jar queso cheese dip
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- jarred jalapeno pepper slices
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The drain of any excess grease. Mix in the taco seasoning. Add ¾ to 1 cup of water to the ground beef.
- Mix well and simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until almost all of the moisture has cooked away.
- Heat the queso cheese sauce in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish until heated through. Lay some of the tortilla chips out in a layer onto plates. Spread an even layer of the ground beef over the tortilla chips. Top with a layer of cheese sauce.
- On top of the cheese sauce layer tomatoes, jalapenos, black beans, lettuce, and sour cream.