I am not exactly sure if Nachos Nuevos is still on the menu at Applebee’s but it was at one time. This recipe could best be described as tortilla chips topped with queso cheese sauce, taco meat, black beans, sour cream, and various other ingredients. For the cheese sauce, you can just buy a jar of the queso cheese dip that can be found in the chip aisle at the grocery store and warm it in a microwave-safe dish in the microwave or heat it on the stovetop. These nachos are great for football parties and the ingredients can easily be doubled to serve a large crowd of people. Enjoy.
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 (15 ounces) jar queso cheese dip
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- jarred jalapeno pepper slices
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The drain of any excess grease. Mix in the taco seasoning. Add ¾ to 1 cup of water to the ground beef.
- Mix well and simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until almost all of the moisture has cooked away.
- Heat the queso cheese sauce in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish until heated through. Lay some of the tortilla chips out in a layer onto plates. Spread an even layer of the ground beef over the tortilla chips. Top with a layer of cheese sauce.
- On top of the cheese sauce layer tomatoes, jalapenos, black beans, lettuce, and sour cream.