These turkey and cheese sliders make an excellent appetizer for football season and to bring to just about any party or event. These sliders are so delicious and easy to prepare you will want to make them all of the time. These sliders are topped with sliced deli turkey, white American cheese, and a special sauce. The sauce is the best part about this recipe and uses ingredients such as butter, Dijon mustard, and poppy seeds. If you want to try different types of cheese with this recipe Swiss or cheddar would be a good option. These sliders also can be prepared in large batches if necessary. Enjoy.
- 24 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 24 slices roast deli turkey
- 12 slices White American cheese
- Poppy seed sauce-
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut each slice of white American cheese into 4 squares. Cut each of the Hawaiian rolls in half and set aside.
- Place a slice of the turkey and 2 of the cheese squares onto the top of the bottom half of each slider roll. Place the tops onto the rolls. Place the prepared sliders into the bottom of a large baking dish (you may need more than one depending on how many sliders you have).
- Place the melted butter into a medium bowl. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, dried minced onion, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Pour the sauce evenly over the tops of all of the sandwiches in the baking dish. Allow sitting for 10 minutes or until the butter slightly sets.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Uncover and bake for an additional 2 minutes until the tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.