Baja chicken pizza is a delicious and simple taco style pizza. This pizza is topped with a ranch dressing/salsa sauce, baked chicken, tomatoes, red onion, cheese, lettuce, and avocados. For the sauce, you can either use a blender or you can do it all by hand mixing. The chicken is first rubbed with taco seasoning, then baked in the oven and sliced before putting it onto the pizza. I like to use a prepared pizza crust because it saves time, and a whole wheat thin crust would be perfect for this recipe. You can use whatever type of cheese you like but I prefer a Mexican cheese blend. This recipe is very easy and makes a perfect dinner. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Baja Chicken Pizza Recipe
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 cup salsa
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons cilantro
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thing pizza crust
- ½ cup tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup red onion (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium ripe avocados (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Rub chicken breasts on both sides with taco seasoning and place onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the chicken breasts are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
- Remove from the oven, allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes and slice into strips. In a blender or food processor add ranch dressing, salsa, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and process until smooth (this can also be done by hand, by whisking in a bowl). Set aside.
- Turn the oven up to 425 degrees. Place the pre-baked crust onto a 12-inch pizza pan. Spread the ranch dressing mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the sliced cooked chicken, tomato, onion, and cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with lettuce and top with avocado slices. Serve immediately.
Kevin (Closet Cooking)
Wednesday 25th of April 2012
Nice looking pizza! I always enjoy adding fresh ingredients after baking!
Thursday 19th of April 2012
Claudia- Sorry, I do not have the calorie count for this recipe.
Wednesday 18th of April 2012
Do you have the calorie count on this recipe?
Monday 16th of April 2012
I make pizza every Saturday night, so am always on the look-out for pizza recipes. This last Saturday I made a Greek one and a Mexican taco one, and they were both excellent. This one looks very yummy, and I'll definately be making it. I make alot of pizzas with chicken on them, and I usually just dice it up and fry it in a pan, sprinkling it with whatever seasonings I'm using. It's very fast that way.