I always enjoy a good Mexican recipe and these beef quesadillas made a simple and delicious dinner. I actually prefer using ground beef in quesadillas because it is a little easier than using chicken or steak. These quesadillas use a burrito-style filling which consists of taco seasoned ground beef, refried beans, and green chilies. You can use whatever type of cheese you like but I prefer Mexican cheese blend. These quesadillas go great served with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. If you are looking for a dinner that is very easy to prepare, this is the one! Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Top 3 Ingredients for Beef Quesadillas Recipe
[amazon box=”B017PKQC1S,B075FXMFSR,B003T07T7U” grid=”3″]Print
- 1lb ground beef
- ½ cup refried beans
- 1 (4 ounces) can be chopped green chilies (drained)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (8 inches) flour tortillas
- Butter (for spreading)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Stir in dried beans, green chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat another skillet to medium-low heat. Brush one side of a tortilla with butter, place butter side down into the pan. Evenly sprinkle cheese over the top of the entire tortilla. On one half on top of the tortilla, add some of the meat mixtures. Cook until the bottom has browned and the cheese has melted. With a spatula fold the half of the tortilla without the meat mixture over the half with the meat mixture and press down. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve.