Fresh Mexican-style salsa recipes are a light and delicious appetizer. This salsa can be served with tortilla chips or it goes great on chicken tacos or on various other dishes. This avocado-cucumber salsa recipe combines avocados, cucumber, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice. You can season the salsa to your liking with a little bit of salt. Make sure to clean the jalapeño peppers well before chopping them or the salsa may be too spicy. You may also want to consider wearing gloves when slicing the jalapeno peppers so you don’t burn your hands. The serving size is for an appetizer and may vary but you can easily double the ingredients if you want to make a bigger batch. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 medium English cucumber (seeded and diced)
- 2 medium firm-ripe avocados (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- ½ red onion (diced)
- juice of 2 limes (about a ¼ cup)
- salt (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3 jalapeno peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber, avocado, red onion, fresh cilantro, and jalapeño peppers.
- Add the lime juice and season with salt. Gently toss to combine. Serve within an hour of preparing.