This BBQ chicken French bread pizza is perfect if you are looking to prepare a quick and delicious dinner. This pizza uses a loaf of French bread for the crust and is topped with bbq sauce, mozzarella cheese, red onion, chicken and cilantro. You can use whatever type of BBQ sauce you prefer for this recipe and the pizza will have a different flavor depending on which type you select. If you want to make this recipe even easier— you can use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken and mix it with the BBQ sauce. You can also grill the chicken instead of baking it if you would prefer. You can also experiment with different types of cheeses—cheddar or smoked Gouda may be good options. Enjoy.
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 red onion (sliced into rings or strips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Remove the chicken and allow it to cool.
- Chop the chicken breast into chunks or strips and in a medium bowl toss the cooked chicken with about ½ cup of the BBQ sauce.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Spread a layer of the BBQ sauce onto the top of the cut sides of the bread. Top with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Top with red onions and chicken.
- Place the French bread onto a baking a large baking sheet.
- Place into the oven on the center oven rack and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro.