- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or cabbage)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 bag BBQ flavored potato chips
- To prepare the BBQ sauce- in a medium saucepan combine the ketchup, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the hot dogs and cook whiling turning and basting with the BBQ sauce frequently.
- Cook the hot dogs until they are heated through.
- Add some of the romaine lettuce onto the bottom of each bun. Top with a cooked hot dog. Top with crushed BBQ chips.