This black bean dip is a healthy alternative to using refried beans in your dip. Dip recipes make a great appetizer to serve for your Super Bowl party. This recipe combines black beans with sour cream, jalapeno peppers, cheese and diced tomatoes to create a delicious and slightly spicy dip that goes great served with tortilla chips. The beans, chilies and sour cream are blended in a food processor until smooth and then placed into a baking dish. The dip is served warm and is baked in the oven. The dip is topped off with cheese, tomato, cilantro and green onion. Enjoy.
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans (drain and rinsed)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- chopped tomatoes, green onions, cilantro (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 1.5-liter baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor combine black beans, sour cream, salt, pepper, and jalapeno.
- Blend until well combined. Pour the black bean mixture into the prepared baking dish. Drain the petite diced tomatoes and stir the tomatoes into the black bean mixture in the baking dish, stir in ½ cup of the cheese.
- Top the bean mixture with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Cover with foil, place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped tomatoes, green onion, and cilantro. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.