If you are a fan of Alice Spring’s Chicken at Outback Steakhouse restaurant, you will love these quesadillas. These Alice Springs quesadillas are loaded with chicken, cheese, mushrooms and crispy crumbled bacon. The quesadillas are served with a homemade honey mustard sauce which is a simple combination of Dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice. There are numerous ways to save time in this recipe such as buying precooked chicken and bacon, and purchasing premade honey mustard. For the tortillas, you can either use a good wheat or flour tortilla. These quesadillas are a great option for dinner or can be served as an appetizer. Enjoy.
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus additional butter for spreading)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 Degrees F. In a small bowl whisk together mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Allow the chicken to cool to a point where it can be handled, and slice it into thin strips.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Once the bacon has cooled, crumbled it into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the sliced mushrooms. Sautee the mushrooms until they are tender.
- Preheat another large skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of a tortilla. Lay the tortilla butter side down and sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly onto one side of the tortilla.
- Arrange about ¼ of the chicken slices onto, bacon, and some mushrooms onto one side of the tortilla.
- Once the tortilla is browned on the bottom and the cheese has melted, fold the half of the tortilla with the cheese over the half with the chicken and press down.
- Cut into 3 slices and serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve with honey mustard for dipping.