These carne asada fries make a delicious appetizer. The fries are loaded with carne asada steak, cheese, guacamole and sour cream. The steak is marinated in ingredients such as lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and garlic. The steak is then grilled but it could also be fried in the pan. I like to save time by using frozen French fries but if you would prefer you could make your own. Any type of unseasoned French fry will work this recipe—steak fries, restaurant cut fries, etc. Another good topping option for this recipe would be some fresh pico de gallo. Enjoy.
[amazon box=”B07PCYW7VF,B00BHFAT5S,B079Y24VMJ” grid=”3″]Print
- 1 bunch cilantro (no stems) chopped
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1.5lb flank steak
- 1 (28 ounces) bag French fries
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- sour cream
- In a medium bowl combine cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, olive oil, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well.
- Place the flank steak and the marinade into a large sealable plastic bag.
- Make sure that the steak is well coated with the marinade. Seal the bag. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Place the flank steak onto the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- While the steak is cooking, cook the French fries according to package directions.
- Slice the flank steak into thin strips and then chop into smaller pieces.
- Place a portion of the French fries onto individual microwave-safe plates. Top with some of the shredded cheese and chopped steak.
- Microwave until the cheese melts (about 30 to 60 seconds). Garnish with guacamole and sour cream.