- 1 bunch cilantro (no stems) chopped
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1.5lb flank steak
- 1 (28 ounces) bag French fries
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- sour cream
- In a medium bowl combine cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, olive oil, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well.
- Place the flank steak and the marinade into a large sealable plastic bag.
- Make sure that the steak is well coated with the marinade. Seal the bag. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Place the flank steak onto the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- While the steak is cooking, cook the French fries according to package directions.
- Slice the flank steak into thin strips and then chop into smaller pieces.
- Place a portion of the French fries onto individual microwave-safe plates. Top with some of the shredded cheese and chopped steak.
- Microwave until the cheese melts (about 30 to 60 seconds). Garnish with guacamole and sour cream.