These chili cheese sliders are a quick and easy burger recipe to prepare for gameday. Chili cheese sliders are burgers that are topped off with cheddar cheese, bacon and chili! To save time this recipe uses canned chili and you can use chili with or without beans. If you want to save additional time, you can use precooked bacon. If you would prefer to use regular bacon, cooking crispy bacon isn’t difficult at all. If you have trouble finding slider buns, any small bun will work such as dollar rolls or dinner rolls. The burgers can either be cooked in the pan, on a griddle or on an outdoor grill. I personally prefer the griddle or outdoor grill because I have enough room to cook all of the burgers at once. I like to serve these sliders with French fries. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2lbs ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- slider buns (or dinner rolls)
- butter (for spreading)
- sliced cheddar cheese (cut into 4 squares)
- 6 slices of bacon (cut in half)
- 1 (15 ounces) can chili (with or without beans)
- Add bacon to large skillet and cook over medium heat, turning once, until it has turned brown in color and is crispy. Drain on a plate that is lined with paper towels. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- In a medium saucepan heat the chili over medium heat until heated through.
- Form the ground beef into small patties and season the patties on both sides with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the patties into the skillet that the bacon was cooked in. Cook over medium-high heat, turning at least once until they are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F). During the last few minutes of cooking, top each patty with 2 of the cheddar cheese squares. Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the slider buns in half and spread the butter onto the cut side of each bun.
- Place cut side down into a clean skillet and toast over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom (this can be done while the burgers are cooking).
- To assemble the sliders—place each burger onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with 2 bacon slice halves and some of the chili and the top half of the bun.