- 1 1/2lbs ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- slider buns (or dinner rolls)
- butter (for spreading)
- sliced cheddar cheese (cut into 4 squares)
- 6 slices of bacon (cut in half)
- 1 (15 ounces) can chili (with or without beans)
- Add bacon to large skillet and cook over medium heat, turning once, until it has turned brown in color and is crispy. Drain on a plate that is lined with paper towels. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- In a medium saucepan heat the chili over medium heat until heated through.
- Form the ground beef into small patties and season the patties on both sides with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the patties into the skillet that the bacon was cooked in. Cook over medium-high heat, turning at least once until they are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F). During the last few minutes of cooking, top each patty with 2 of the cheddar cheese squares. Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the slider buns in half and spread the butter onto the cut side of each bun.
- Place cut side down into a clean skillet and toast over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom (this can be done while the burgers are cooking).
- To assemble the sliders—place each burger onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with 2 bacon slice halves and some of the chili and the top half of the bun.