Tacos are great for dinner so why not make them for breakfast? These breakfast tacos are perfect if you want to spice things up for breakfast. The best part is, they are extremely easy to make, and fans of Mexican food will love them. These tacos combine chorizo sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese, and salsa. Chorizo sausage is fairly spicy, so those who do not enjoy spicy foods will probably not care for this recipe. The hot sauce is totally optional but would be great if you want to add even more heat to the tacos. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage
- 8 small flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- A ½ cup of salsa
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, crumble the chorizo sausage into the skillet and cook and stir until fully cooked. Remove from heat. Heat another large skillet to medium heat.
- Lightly spray the skillet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the eggs into the skillet. Cook and stir until almost firm. Add the sausage and continue cooking and stirring until firm. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. (Stovetop or in the microwave).
- To make tacos- sprinkle shredded cheese on each tortilla. Top with the scrambled egg and sausage mixture, add hot pepper sauce (if using), and top with salsa.