- 3lb pork should roast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Cilantro-lime rice-
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the outside of the pork shoulder.
- Place into the slow cooker. Add orange juice, lime juice, and garlic. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return to the slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, zest and lime juice, cilantro and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the rice to sit covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add a layer of the rice to the bottom of a bowl. On top add some carnitas meat, corn, black beans, romaine lettuce, and guacamole.
- Squeeze some lime juice over the top.