Carnitas burrito bowls combine all of your favorite ingredients from a carnitas burrito only without the wrap. This is a delicious and healthy Mexican dish that is great to prepare for dinner or lunches. These bowls consist of shredded pork, corn, black beans, cilantro lime rice, and guacamole. You can also add cheese if you want, I prefer queso fresco. The carnitas is prepared in the slow cooker and get a lot of flavor from ingredients such as lime juice, orange juice, and garlic. Enjoy.
- 3lb pork should roast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Cilantro-lime rice-
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the outside of the pork shoulder.
- Place into the slow cooker. Add orange juice, lime juice, and garlic. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return to the slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the rice and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, zest and lime juice, cilantro and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the rice to sit covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add a layer of the rice to the bottom of a bowl. On top add some carnitas meat, corn, black beans, romaine lettuce, and guacamole.
- Squeeze some lime juice over the top.