The ingredients of chicken fajitas are put into bowls for a nice and spicy Mexican dinner. This recipe gets most of its heat from Chipotle in Adobo sauce. I found it to be fairly spicy so if you do not like hot food I would recommend you cut down on the amount of Chipotle in adobo. The process of preparing this recipe is very simple. The chicken is simmered in a tomato sauce with black beans, onions, and peppers. If you don’t want to use white rice, you can use brown rice instead. Enjoy.
Yield: (4 Servings)Print
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bit sized pieces)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup green pepper (diced)
- ¼ cup onion (diced)
- 3 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce (minced)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 corn tortilla chips (broken into pieces)
- 2 cups cooked hot white rice
- lettuce, sour cream, and cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat combine chicken, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, onions, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cumin and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Divide the hot cooked rice into four bowls. Place chicken mixture on top of the rice in each bowl, and top with chips, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce.