- 8 flour tortillas
- 1.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (or skirt steak)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 medium green pepper (sliced)
- Optional condiments (can use some or all)-
- Sour cream
- Slice chicken into small strips. In a large bowl mix garlic powder, seasoning salt, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and lemon juice.
- Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
In a skillet add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté onions and green peppers for 3 minutes or until the vegetables have reached your desired tenderness.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if necessary. Add chicken strips and sauté until no longer pink inside (fully cooked).
- Add vegetables back to the pan and toss with the chicken. Spoon mixture onto flour tortillas; add optional condiments (if you want) and serve.