- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices
- Form the ground beef into 4 patties. Season on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Spread 2 tablespoons of butter onto each bun top.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted and the burgers the fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F).
- Transfer the patties to the bun bottoms. Top with pickles and the buttered bun tops.