If you ever get a chance to go to Culver’s restaurant, you have the try the butter burger. These fresh burgers are delicious and juicy and topped with condiments to your liking. Here is a copycat recipe to create the Culver’s butterburger. It is called a butter burger not because the butter is actually in the beef patty but because the butter is spread onto the bun itself. You can top these burgers with whatever you like. I just did cheddar cheese and pickles. Enjoy.
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1lb ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices
- Form the ground beef into 4 patties. Season on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Spread 2 tablespoons of butter onto each bun top.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the beef patties and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted and the burgers the fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F).
- Transfer the patties to the bun bottoms. Top with pickles and the buttered bun tops.