This recipe puts a delicious twist on your normal taco salad. The main difference between this salad and a normal taco salad is the flavor of the French dressing. The process of making this salad is very easy—ground beef is cooked in a pan and combined with taco seasoning, chili beans, and French dressing. The beef mixture is mixed together with various ingredients such as Doritos chips, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. It is important if you do not want the chips to be soggy to mix them in just right before serving the salad. This salad makes a great dinner or an excellent dish to bring to parties or events. Enjoy!
(Makes 8 Servings)Print
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounces) can chili beans
- 1 (16 ounces) bottle French dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 (14.5 ounces) package Doritos (or tortilla chips)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can be sliced black olives (drained)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. The drain of any excess liquid. Stir in taco seasoning, chili beans, and French dressing. Fill the dressing bottle 2/3 full with water and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Crush the Doritos and set aside. In a large bowl combine the meat mixture with lettuce, cheese, black olives, and tomatoes. Add sour cream and salsa. Stir in the crushed Doritos just before serving.