The idea of a Snickers salad might sound strange but it makes a delicious dessert. This salad is great to bring to parties or events. If you are not familiar with this salad, it combines Snickers candy bars, granny smith apples, cool whip, powdered sugar, and cream cheese. It is important to soften the cream cheese and to let the cool whip thaw before mixing them together. After the salad is mixed it can be topped off with caramel ice cream topping, peanuts, and additional chopped Snickers bars. If you need to feed a large crowd this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Enjoy.
(Makes 8 Servings)Print
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounces) container Cool Whip (thawed)
- 6 Snickers candy bars
- 4–6 granny smith apples
- Optional toppings-
- caramel ice cream topping
- additional Snickers candy bars
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until thoroughly blended. Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Cut the Snickers bars into bite-size chunks and fold them into the cream cheese mixture. Chop the apples into chunks and fold them into the cream cheese mixture as well. Top the salad with caramel ice cream topping, additional chopped Snickers bars, and peanuts if desired.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. Do not let the salad chill for too long (such as overnight), it will result in liquid being released.