- Asian Melon (Limelon, halved and seeded)
- Asian White Cucumber (optional)
- red chilli pepper
- I garlic clove
- 25g Japanese soy sauce
- 25g mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 125g bean sprouts
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g soybeans, cooked
- bunch of coriander
- chopped 80g toasted coconut shavings or chips
- Finely chop the chilli pepper and garlic. If you like , grate some of the ginger.
- Mix the soy sauce, mirin, palm sugar and lime juice in a large bowl; stir in the chilli and garlic.
- Cut the Limelon into lcm by 3cm pieces.
- Rinse the bean sprouts with hot water.
- Place the Limelon, tomatoes, bean sprouts and soybeans in the bowl with the marinade, toss this together.
- Gently mix in the coriander.
- Toast the coconut in a dry frying pan, making sure that it does not burn.
- Divide the salad among 4 bowls; sprinkle with toasted coconut before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
Tip: If you like it spicy, you can sprinkle some chilli flakes over the salad.