- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Reserve ¾ cup of the chicken broth (it will later be mixed with the cornstarch). Pour the rest of the broth into a saucepan.
- Stir in ginger, salt, and green onions. Bring to a boil. While bringing to a boil combine the corn starch with the reserved chicken broth and mix well. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and the egg yolk together with a fork.
- Slowly drizzle the egg a little at a time with a fork into the boiling broth. The egg will cook right away.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the broth and stir until its mixed well.