- One can chickpeas (240 g)
- 1 cup frozen/fresh green peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- olive oil to spray
- All-purpose flour to dust
- Salt as per taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and dry well using a kitchen cloth.
- Rinse the frozen peas with warm water until defrosted. Then using your hands, squeeze as much liquid out of the peas as possible.
- Add all the ingredients blend on high until smooth.
- Using your hands, create small little patties out of the falafels. It may help to coat your hands with a bit of flour to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands. A slightly moist mixture makes for better falafels as baking them dries them out a fair bit.
- If you find the mixture is too wet and the patties do not hold their shape, add 1 Tbsp of flour or breadcrumbs, and let it sit for a few minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Once the patties are formed, dust both sides with flour, and spray a generous amount of oil on both sides of the patty.
- Spray the basket for your air fryer with some olive oil and cook them in the air fryer at 180 degrees for 18 min.
- Serve with hummus and tzatziki in a wrap, or on nourish bowls, or on salads.