- 250–350 g lean beef mince
- 250 g sausage meat
- 2–4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp prepared mustard (optional)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced or leek, sliced
- 250 g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 545 g can Wattie’s Just Add Mince Country French Mince Simmer Sauce
- ½ cup beef stock or water
- In a bowl mix together the beef mince, sausage meat, chopped parsley and mustard (if using) and season with salt and pepper. Use wet hands to roll the mixture into 14-16 balls.
- Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan and quickly brown the meatballs and sliced onion.
- Add the mushrooms, Wattie’s Just Add Country French Mince Simmer Sauce and beef stock or water. Stir to mix.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Scatter over the chopped parsley before serving with mashed potatoes.