- 1lb medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, tails left on)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a small bowl mix together flour and paprika. Place beaten eggs in another small bowl. Add panko breadcrumbs to a pie dish or on a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees. Dip each shrimp first into the flour mixture, then into the egg, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs to coat.
Deep fry shrimp in batches until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Drain on paper towels.