This recipe for fried shrimp is both easy to prepare and delicious. This recipe uses panko bread crumbs and I highly recommend using them. Panko breadcrumbs will give the shrimp and light and crispy coating. The process is simple; the shrimp are first rolled in flour, then in egg, and then in breadcrumbs. After the shrimp are breaded they are placed into a deep fryer and cooked for a few minutes. This recipe calls for shrimp with the tail-on but you can use shrimp without the tails as well. This makes a great appetizer or can be served as a dinner. I like to serve these with cocktail sauce. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1lb medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, tails left on)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a small bowl mix together flour and paprika. Place beaten eggs in another small bowl. Add panko breadcrumbs to a pie dish or on a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees. Dip each shrimp first into the flour mixture, then into the egg, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs to coat.
Deep fry shrimp in batches until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Drain on paper towels.