- 1 loaf French bread (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup butter
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl beat butter and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat in parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, basil and seasoning salt. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spread the mixture over the cut slices of bread. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.