I know it’s the wrong time of year but I just had to post up this great recipe for garlic bread. This will beat anything you can get in the store and is very easy to make. You could use several different types of bread for the recipe but I prefer a nice loaf of French bread. The process is simple; the topping ingredients are mixed in a bowl or in a blender and then spread over the bread and baked in the oven. Some of the toppings include mayonnaise, Monterey jack cheese, and butter. This goes great served with your favorite pasta dishes such as spaghetti or chicken carbonara. Enjoy.
(Makes 10 Servings)
- 1 loaf French bread (sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup butter
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl beat butter and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat in parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, basil and seasoning salt. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spread the mixture over the cut slices of bread. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.