These grilled bacon wrapped hot dogs are an excellent recipe to prepare on the grill during the summer. The hot dogs are wrapped in strips of bacon and then grilled until the bacon is crisp. The buns are toasted and then topped with BBQ sauce, the grilled hot dogs, Velveeta cheese sauce, jalapeno peppers, lettuce and tomato. You can use whatever type of hot dogs you want for this recipe but I used the natural casing hot dogs. You can serve this dish with cold salad or French fries. Enjoy.
- 16 hot dogs
- 16 bacon strips
- Velveeta cheese sauce (warmed)
- 4 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- Romaine lettuce (sliced)
- Bbq sauce
- 16 hot dog buns
- Wrap the bacon strips around the hot dogs. Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Add hot dogs and grill for 10 minutes on each side or until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the grill. Turn the heat to low and add the buns and toast until lightly browned.
- Open the buns and spread a layer of bbq sauce on the inside of the bun, add a grilled hot dog, cheese sauce, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, and tomato.