- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into strips, leave whole if grilling)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 (12) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned green chilies
- In a bowl combine diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until the juices run clear. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sauté onion and green bell pepper until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook until the aroma flows.
- Mix in the cooked chicken and half of the pico de gallo mixture. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- To make a sour cream sauce- in a blender add sour cream and chopped green chilies. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Lightly oil grill grates. Lightly butter one side of each tortilla. Lay out flour tortillas butter side down on the grill. Top each tortilla with a ¼ cup of cheese. Add ¼ of the chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla.
- Top with a little sour cream sauce. When the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese has started to melt, with a spatula fold one side of the tortilla over the top and press down.
- Cut into wedges and serve with remaining pico de gallo.