- To put the lobsters to sleep, place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
To steam the lobsters,
- In a big saucepan, fill with 4 inches of water and heat to a boil.
- Cover the pot after placing the lobsters in it. Cook for 11 minutes, or until the lobsters’ shells are brilliant red and the meat is done.
- Take the lobsters out of the kettle. Allow 5 minutes for cooling before serving with melted butter on the side. As desired, garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
To boil the lobsters,
- Boil a big pot of water. Per gallon of water, add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Place the lobsters in the boiling water making sure that they go in headfirst. Cook for 9 minutes, or until the lobsters’ shells are brilliant red and the meat is cooked through.
- Take the lobsters out of the boiling water and set them aside. Allow 5 minutes for cooling before serving with melted butter on the side. As desired, garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
With little effort, this lobster recipe yields soft and tasty meat. After being cooked, the lobster meat can be eaten on its own or added to sandwiches, salads, and pasta dishes. The time it takes to make this recipe is 30 minutes, including a prep time of 20 minutes and a cook time of 10 minutes.
If you’d like more ideas on how to cook lobsters, then you should definitely check out this video recipe.