- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 5 lb pork loin roast
- 3 ribs of celery
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can combine the black pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. You should rub it all over the meat.
- Then get a roasting pan, and place the roast on a rack in the pan. If you don’t have a rack, you can try three celery stalks laid side by side.
- Proceed to roast for 20-25 minutes per pound until internal temperature reaches 145-160°F. *The USDA considers 145°F to be a safe temperature for pork. The core will be wet and slightly pink. Though you can choose the 160°F temperature if you prefer your pork totally white and thoroughly done.
- You should allow for 30 minutes of resting time after covering the roasting pan with foil.
- Heat up the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the thermometer and uncover the roast. Place the roast in a clean pan and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carve and serve right away.
You can watch this video recipe to know how to cook a 5ln pork loin, and how long to cook the meat.