Pork loin is a delicious piece of meat with a great deal of richness. If you are looking for a lean cut, pork loin has only a small amount of fat on it. This meat is commonly referred to as a pork loin roast.
Notably, pork loin can be purchased bone-in or boneless. It is usually a boneless roast that comes in a variety of sizes, ranging from 4 pounds to 10 pounds. Today, I will be paying attention to how long to cook a 5 lb pork loin.
Read on as you learn some amazing tips to guide you through cooking a 5 lb pork loin to perfection – remember I will also be highlighting the ideal cooking time for a 5 lb pork loin.
Pork Loin Nutrition Facts
Tips on How to Cook a 5 Lb Pork Loin
Vegetables – The vegetables should be cut as small as the ones in my photo, and my roast took 90 minutes to cook because it weighed nearly 6 pounds.
Carrots should be cut no wider than 12 inches, and potatoes should be cut no thicker than 12 inches to guarantee that they are cooked by the time the roasting time is over. Vegetables of a smaller size will cook faster.
Spices and seasonings – Spices are an important element in cooking recipes, a tiny quantity or a large amount will provide your cuisine with the flavor it needs to keep you coming back for more. You always use salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Montreal seasoning, and paprika anytime you want.
Butter and olive oil – Using butter and olive oil is quite significant. It aids in the formation of a moisture barrier on the top fat of the roast, as well as providing moisture to the veggies and the bottom of the pork loin once melted.
Searing – Starting with a high heat of 450°F to sear in the fluids is what makes this the best pork loin dish around. When you sear them in, you don’t lose as much moisture to the oven. The oven is then turned down and the pork loin is cooked at a lower temperature than usual, resulting in moist roast pork.
Browning the pork loin – Well, I feel that browning the pork loin before roasting it is a personal choice. Browning the pork loin on the outside may add a lot of flavors and create a sear crust. This will help to lock in the meat’s natural juices, resulting in a more flavorful end product.
How To Cook a 5 Lb Pork Loin – When you are done, you will have a juicy and flavorful roast pork loin coming out of the oven. This pork roast is simple to prepare and full of delicious herbs, making it ideal for a Sunday family lunch or even a festivity.
Follow my stey by stey guide outlined below:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can combine the butter, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir until paste forms.
- You can remove excess moisture from the pork loin with a paper towel, then rub ⅔ of the seasoning mixture onto the roast, make you are covering the top and sides.
- Then proceed to place the pork loin in the bottom of the big roaster.
- Then arrange the vegetables around the roast.
- You can apply the remaining seasoning mixture to the vegetables with a pastry brush.
- You can cover the roast with foil after removing it from the oven. Allow 10 minutes for it to rest before slicing and serving.
- Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 300° F. Do not take the oven out of the oven.
- You should allow the roast to cook for another 20-25 minutes per pound of meat – that’s just over 2 hours for a 5 lb pork loin- until an internal temperature of 140° F is reached when a meat thermometer is placed into the center.
- You can cover the roast with foil after removing it from the oven when the meat is ready.
- You have to allow 10 minutes for the pork loin to rest before slicing and serving.
You can even use the resting time to finish your other side dishes and make gravy with the lovely brown juices in the roasting pan.
View this post on Instagram
How Long to Cook a 5 Lb Pork Loin
I cook mine at 135-140°F, but this isn’t suggested for safety reasons. According to the National Pork Board, a safe temperature of 145°F and a cooking period of 20-25 minutes per pound are the correct times and temperatures.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||1 hour, 30 minutes||1 hour, 30 minutes|
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 5 lb pork loin roast
- 3 ribs of celery
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can combine the black pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. You should rub it all over the meat.
- Then get a roasting pan, and place the roast on a rack in the pan. If you don’t have a rack, you can try three celery stalks laid side by side.
- Proceed to roast for 20-25 minutes per pound until internal temperature reaches 145-160°F. *The USDA considers 145°F to be a safe temperature for pork. The core will be wet and slightly pink. Though you can choose the 160°F temperature if you prefer your pork totally white and thoroughly done.
- You should allow for 30 minutes of resting time after covering the roasting pan with foil.
- Heat up the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the thermometer and uncover the roast. Place the roast in a clean pan and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carve and serve right away.
You can watch this video recipe to know how to cook a 5ln pork loin, and how long to cook the meat.