Pork’s cooking recipes and range are practically unrivaled – with so many delicious cuts and cooking methods to select from. It’s perfect for quick and easy dinners like pork lo mein, glazed pork chops, pork stir-fries, and so much more.
Though, when it comes to preparing cuts like pork loin, the cooking time is crucial to ensure that the meat is cooked but not dried out. Fortunately, I have some amazing tips for you.
Read on as you find some pointers to assist you in determining the best way to cook a 3 lb pork loin alongside the adequate timing.
Pork Loin Nutrition Facts
Tips on How to Cook 3 Lb Pork Loin
Using celery – The celery just serves as a rack to keep the meat raised and allow air to circulate beneath the roast, resulting in more equal cooking. Carrots can be substituted in for celery in this case. You can also use a metal rack that is safe to use in the oven.
Temperature to cook a 3 lb pork loin – Pig chops, pork roasts, pork loin, and tenderloin should all be cooked to a temperature of 145° F to provide optimal flavor.
Rest – You will need to allow at least three minutes for the pork loin to rest before serving. If you can wait a little longer, resting the pork loin for 10 to 15 minutes will make it even juicier. Since the pork loin will continue to cook as it rests, you can use a thermometer to monitor the interior temperature for the desired degree of doneness you want.
How To Cook 3 Lb Pork Loin – Pork loin can be prepared in a variety of ways.
Notably, the simplest method is to roast it in the oven, as demonstrated in this recipe. You will need to make sure to baste your pork loin frequently while it cooks to keep it juicy and allow it to absorb all of the spices. Then go on to serve the pork loin with any remaining pan sauce.
You may alternatively pan-sear your pork loin for a light crisp on the outside before roasting it in the oven. You can also try to grill your pork loin outside over medium heat instead.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then proceed to season the pork loin with salt and pepper to taste after patting them dry with a paper towel.
- You can now go on to heat oil in a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat on the stove until it shimmers.
- You can now add the pork chops to the pan and cook one side until golden brown.
- Then flip and bake for about 10 minutes until the desired internal temperature is reached.
It’s important not to overcook pork chops if you want them to stay tender, juicy, and tasty. Notably, the sear-roasting approach is a fantastic way to protect pork chops from drying out while cooking.
How Long to Cook 3 Lb Pork Loin
There are numerous ways to prepare a pork loin. You can’t go wrong with this piece of meat until you cook it too long and it becomes dry and flavorless. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you will have to keep a careful watch on the cooking times when making this meat.
|1 hour, 5 minutes
You should keep in mind that the amount of time required depends on the size of the pork loin. The National Pork Board recommends a temperature of 145°F and a cooking time of 20 minutes per pound to be safe.
Since we are focusing on a 3 lb pork loin in this recipe, it will take about 50 to 60 minutes to cook in a 375°F oven. This equates to approximately 20 minutes per pound, however, some ovens may require a few minutes more.Print
- 3 lb pork loin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature of the oven will eventually be reduced, but you will start it at a higher temperature to give the outside of the pork loin a little extra heat to fully seal in the moisture.
- Next, go on and season the pork on all sides with the seasonings i.e onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil. You can apply them individually or make a tiny dry rub in a small bowl for yourself. Personally, I prefer to mix everything together before putting it on the meat – that way, I know it’s being massaged evenly all over the pork loin.
- In your roasting pan, proceed to place the pork loin fat side up. By placing the fat on top of the roast, you will be able to baste it as it cooks. This is the process that prevents the pork from drying out and getting tough.
- Proceed to cook the pork loin for 10 minutes. This will help to form a “crust” on the meat, which will aid to keep the juices inside.
- Reduce the temperature of your oven to 350 degrees F and cook your roast for another 20 minutes per pound of meat. You will find that it does take some time, but believe me when I say that the wait is well worth it!
- You can go on and remove the pork loin from the oven once it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Then, loosely cover the roasted pork loin with foil and leave it aside to rest for about 10 minutes – another crucial step in keeping the fluids inside the meat where you want them to stay is to do this.
One of the best things about this recipe is how little prep work it requires. Just a quick dry rub and into the oven it goes! So, if you have got some free time but also want to get some work done around the house, this pork loin recipe is for you.
You can watch this video recipe to learn how to cook 3lb pork loin and how long to cook it so you can utilize your cooking.
More pork cooking help
We have tons of tips and advice for cooking pork! See these posts for more info: