- 1 pound asparagus stalks, thick
- Two tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Rinse the stalks in running water, and prepare the stalks if they’re thick by cutting them off or peeling them with a vegetable peeler.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place the asparagus stalks on the pan in a single line. Don’t place them over each other, but side by side.
- Drizzle the spears with olive oil and rub them in. Next, add the salt, pepper, and minced garlic and rub it in thoroughly.
- Put the Asparagus-filled pan in the oven and roast them for 10 minutes. Be sure to check a few minutes before for doneness. You’ll want the stalks to be lightly browned and easy to pierce with a fork.
- Serve the roasted asparagus spears with a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. But if you’re vegan, you can skip the cheese.