- 1 pound, 80% lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, about 4-inch wide
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal sections. Form the patties with your fingers, and season each side generously with salt, paprika, and black pepper.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the stove and set heat to medium-high. Add the oil and heat up, then add the patties.
- Cook the patties for about 3 minutes or until the cooked face is brownish. Flip with a pancake spatula and cook the other side, cook for another 1 minute, then put a slice of cheese on each patty. Cook for another 2 minutes, and watch the cheese melt on the patty top.
- Take out the patties and let them rest on a plate for another 5 minutes. This carryover cooking allows the heat inside the patties to further cook the meat before it cools.
- While waiting, toast the buns. And when they’re ready, add the patties and whatever extra toppings and condiments you desire.
Also, check out this homemade stovetop burger video recipe for your next lunch.