- Eight cups collard greens, stripped, rinsed, and chopped
- 12 ounces bacon, sliced, cooked, and drained
- Three cup broth
- Two ham hocks
- Three tablespoons bacon drippings
- Two tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the greens with the other ingredients in the slow cooker and close the lid. Then, cook for seven to eight hours on LOW or four hours on HIGH without opening the lid.
- Take the ham hock out and shred the meat. Then, return the pieces to the greens and stir. Serve hot with the broth.
Also, watch this video for more guidelines on the topic.